Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 3568358, Oct 13, 2015.

?

Do you use a screen protector, if so what kind?

1. No, I don't use one

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes, I use a plastic screen protector

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Yes, I use a glass screen protector

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. 3568358 macrumors 6502

I've always used a screen protector, more recently I've been using the new glass ones, which are without a doubt better than the plastic film ones.

I really want to use my iPhone 6 without a screen protector. So, what are your thoughts?

Does the iPhone 6 really need a screen protector? What is the price of not using one?

Anyone who doesn't use a screen protector, have you noticed any scratches or very fine hair-line scratches?

Add in any thoughts about screen protectors if you feel it's relevant. I'm curious.

2. 3568358 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone without a screen protector, do you put your phone face down, or face up? Thoughts?

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I always put my phone face up, but I also use a S/P for false peace of mind.

4. 3568358 thread starter macrumors 6502

I like my phone face down for privacy, although ow that I have an Apple Watch, my screen doesn't turn on much cuz my Watch does.

S/P wise- if using a glass one, and it gets some how magically gets scratched (which wont happen) you have to buy a new one which could get expensive if it some how keeps getting scratched liked crazy every few months.

Some one who doesn't use a S/P would say that you only need one if you live/work in a dry, dusty, dirty area, I assume- which is and of true.

5. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

There's a few threads floating around here with different opinions on these things.

6. 3568358 thread starter macrumors 6502

And your opinions?

7. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

It's all personal preference to use a screen protector or not. I've always used one personally; but with this generation of iPhones, and the curved display along with all the issues many users have been having getting these to adhere correctly onto the new 6S/6S+ screen, it makes me second guess using one at least until the next iPhone comes out. I hope that one has a flat display like the 5 series had.

The one I have, one by Belkin, works but isn't really holding up good as there's already a scratch on it.