screen protector

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by FFTWarren, Oct 28, 2008.

1. FFTWarren macrumors member

do they sell a plastic screen protector for the new MB. I just got it and I would like to try and protect it from scratches as best as possible. do the make such a thing. I want one that is like the ones for Iphones. I dont want anything that would leave a sticky residue when it comes time to change it out.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

how are you going to scratch the screen? it's not like it's bouncing around your pocket with the lid open.

3. FFTWarren thread starter macrumors member

4. chiseenchinaman macrumors newbie

glass doesn't scratch too easily... unless you're rubbing it with sand paper or something....

5. nubee macrumors member

I'm going to order a matte screen cover sometime this week.

Maybe you should look into something like that.

6. tiartrop macrumors regular

Actually, I'm considering getting one too.

People have more tendency to poke the screen with their uncut fingernails when it's not theirs. And they're stubborn too, no matter how many times you ask them not to do it. What they're gonna say if they do scratch it? Most likely 'whoops, sorry.'

Not sure how long until these protectors are available, I'd say give it several weeks or a couple of months.

7. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

oh man i hate people who poke at the screen with a passion.

8. GreenEyed85 macrumors member

My work collegues do that! They did it to my old macbook and now they do it to the imac i now work on, but seeing as i didn't pay for it I don't mind lol.

It's not a touch screen you know!

9. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

are ur fingernails diamond encrusted?
    otherwise science says u cant scratch glass.

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Sorry, I guess I thought that suggesting you reconsider, thereby saving you money, and maintaining a crisp clean screen (screen protectors by nature introduce some degree of image degradation, and are harder to clean than glass) was helpful.

11. FFTWarren thread starter macrumors member

true, but for what Im using it for, image degradation isnt a big issue. and although screen protector may be harder to clean. with it, most likely in 3 years I'd still have a scratch free screen.

just because something is glass doesnt mean it cant be scratched. about 2 years ago I bought a pair of costa del mar sunglasses with glass lenses. 4 days after I bought em I wiped them with my shirt because "i didnt need the 4.99 polishing cloth" well guess what there must have been a tiny particle of something on my shirt because it scratched em. so I would like to find a clear screen protector to protect my investment.