Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shakeman0, Apr 20, 2010.

1. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Are you going to use a screen protector on the iPad? I guess Apple does not think you need one since they don' carry them in their stores anymore. I am a little nervous because I have always used a screen protector on all of my electronics... What do you think?

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Are you planning on putting it in your pocket with your keys or using a diamond ring as a stylus?

The only screen protectors worth going through the hassle of putting on and trying to smooth out air bubbles would be anti-glare and then there is the trade off of losing a bit of clarity over reduced glare. Verdict isn't out yet on that, but Incipio's Anti-Glare set is probably your best bet there.

3. Ralzy macrumors member

I just use the Apple case, the flap provides sufficient protection when being stored and as previously mentioned it won't be in my pocket with keys or coins.

4. oojosheoo macrumors member

For my iphone and macbook and now my ipad i've been using the invisible shield (full body) from Zagg. I do this to keep the product in very good shape if I decide to sell it in the future. Thats just me though. :D

5. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

6. jedolley macrumors 68000

There have already been a couple threads about this with a several people having success with SGP Steinhiel (sp?) Anti-Fingerprint.

Check out the accessories forum.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have one to apply, not sure I will. I love the feel of the glass.

8. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

With a phone it is necessary, but if you keep the iPad in a case, you don't need one.