screen protectors all the same?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dubs83, Feb 4, 2012.

1. dubs83 macrumors regular

So I already have a case for my iphone 4s, but am curious if there is anything I need to look out for in regards to just getting a clear screen protector for the face of my screen? Are some screens worse than others? I assume most are the same. Just don't want scratches, etc. Also, do they have any affect on the touch screen capabilities of the iphone? I know they will all work, just curious if thickness or material matters.

Thanks

2. chrisbetty macrumors 6502

Some have a different feel then others.I personally have always liked wrapsol dry anti glare/fingerprint screen shields the best,I've noticed some of the wet applications ones have a rubbery feel and the dry ones usually feel more natural and glasslike.Its all personal preference though.

3. dubs83 thread starter macrumors regular

forgot about anti-glare. That is a nice touch. Those wrapsol front screen covers are $11 shipped on eBay. Didn't think they would be that expensive. They look nice though.

4. chrisbetty macrumors 6502

Yeah some are pricy,I use these time to time,They are cheap and get the job done.

5. JMies419 macrumors 6502

Power Support Crystal, can't say enough about these protectors. I picked up the front/back crystal combo and could not be happier. Well worth the money. Buy once and never worry about it again.

6. dubs83 thread starter macrumors regular

great reviews, though $30 is steep for a screen protector.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have tried them all.....Cheap, expensive the whole darn shooting match. I have yet to apply one properly, even friends have tried with the same result.

Gave them up....Have packets of the damn things lying around too.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

SGP and Power Support

----------

Perhaps you should try out the various tips given on YouTube and the forums?

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

LOL, been there, done that! I ALWAYS get bubbles!

10. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

Screen protectors definitely differ in quality. The best I've used are from SGP and Power Support but I prefer PS overall.

11. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

If you lived near me, I'd help you out. I've become quite the master and installing them.

12. t0rr3s macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

I've always used one since my 3gs days but with the 4, i went without one and it's still as good as new.

13. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have friends in NZ, But a trip to get my iPhone protected would be a little costly, Auckland, Browns Bay is where they live.

14. andyx3x macrumors 65816

The SGP brand is the only screen protector that I have used where you know it's going to last for a long time. Others have their issues where I have had to replace them well before I wanted to.

15. zoundblaster macrumors newbie

it's not hard to install it. how do you install with your phone?

16. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

Now see, I've had the opposite experience with SGP. It has scratched SO easily for me. I have used PS and Zagg HD and I love them both.