Screen protectors and cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Keva161, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Keva161 macrumors member

I wanna protect my iPhone 3G investment and get a case and screen protector for it but which one should I go for?

Ive herd of the invisibleshield which is ment to be good but ive read that its hard to apply..

And is it better to get a case to cover the back or a pouch type thing? Im paranoid that its gonna fall out of mypocket or something and brake!

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

3. Matt.H macrumors member

I have an incase slider which is great, and an invisible shield on the screen. The invisible shield is great, and fairly easy to apply to the screen. I didn't bother with buying the back protector as it does look difficult to apply.

But the incase fits perfectly, and even has a small groove which allows the use of the screen protector.

So far i am perfectly happy with the incase slider and invisible shield. My iPhone is pretty well protected!

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

For screen protectors, I recommend Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint (if you don't like smudges on your screen, this one beats PS Anti-glare with respect to clarity)

I used that, plus an Invisible shield (45minutes to apply) on the back, then a case that I put on or off - Switcheasy CapsuleNeo Black.

5. Keva161 thread starter macrumors member

I decided to get a rebal and a leather slip punch for added protection when its not in use.

6. derek320 macrumors member

I just bought an iskin revo 2 which is a silicone case that covers everything but the screen. It came with an antiglare, antifingerprint screen protector film and also came with a plastic visor that snaps to the case to cover the whole screen for when the phone isn't in use. Seems like it will be the ultimate protection.

Its at the Apple store for $40, but I found mine on amazon.com for $25 shipped

7. apple281 macrumors member

The only screen protector i tried is the IS which was professionally installed by the techs at mwsf 09' and it had lines up and down that made the screen look scratched! I will soon be trying the PS crystal film!

8. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

At the moment, i'm personally using a switcheasy capsuleneo with a power support crystal. I feel that my iphone is super protected with this case cause of the combination of silicon skin of the inside and the hard outer two-part "spine" that provides drop protection. This case also provides heaps of lay-on-the-table design.

That being said, i am also a big contour flick fan, not as much protection but you feel more like you have an iPhone with this case.

I'm not a fan of the IS. Totally personal preference. When i installed my IS, it took me an hour and half to get to the point where i was ready to leave the phone for a few hours to let it dry. You need a lot of patience with these things.

Again, i think its personal preference. Personally, im not a fan of pouches or flip cases, because i like my phone to be instantly useable when i take it out of my pocket, and not have to mess around with taking the phone out of a pouch or flipping a lid, as well as the fact that i dont fell my phone is protected from dust in that style of case.