screen protectors and white iphone...bad idea?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarlboroLite, May 1, 2011.

1. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I was planning on exchanging my black for white...but now I'm having second thoughts based on the fact that I just realized that if I install a power support crystal film on the white version, the dirt and grime that sticks to the sides will be very very visible as opposed to barely noticeable on the black version.

I love the power support film on my black on as the feel is nearly indistinguishable from the naked glass and it has left my black one in pristine condition. I would like to have the same protection thats practically invisible...but I don't want to have a phone that will end up looking filthy on the edges.... I realize one could replace the film once it got too noticeable, but power support isn't cheap.I don't want a case, I've done perfectly fine without one so far....

I would like to hear some thought about this dilemma and/or suggestions!

2. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

one of many reasons to stay away from white electronics.

as cheap as the backs are (didn't someone say they're about $30?), i'd just go naked and swap the back out if it gets scratched up too bad.

3. Bobbytoad macrumors member

Bobbytoad

never had a problem with my white 3gs - 18 months of use
    have just installed Power Support anti glare on the white 4 and looks great, you cant even notice its on, where as on the black it gave a grey-ish shadow to the phone when not in use!

4. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

+1 I have a Power Support Anti Glare on my white iPhone 4 and it looks great! I can't even tell it's there.