Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Since none fit that well anyone decide to go with out ?

BMW535i

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2013
I just purchased the Skinomi TechSkin on Amazon. It is a full front and back protector that has actual cut-outs for the home button and cameras as opposed to the generic cutouts on most screen protectors. :apple:

mreg376

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Since none fit that well anyone decide to go with out ?
Using a screen protector on a touch screen device is ridiculous. It negates all the effort that Apple put into making the touch screen the way it is. If you need a screen protector you have the wrong device.

burntice

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Using a screen protector on a touch screen device is ridiculous. It negates all the effort that Apple put into making the touch screen the way it is. If you need a screen protector you have the wrong device.

I do have a screen protector on my current Iphone and definitely don't feel its ridiculous.

To the OP I know some folks that go without. I think you may want to consider what types of environments you expose your phone to. If you decide to use a case what type of lip it has etc...

Tekzilla

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
I haven't had a screen protector since the 3G. The one I bought for the 3G applied so easily with its own adhesive. I had a terrible experience with a 4 screen protector and bubbles, it was so much harder and annoying than the 3G application I said forget this and I haven't used one since.

I didn't find the protector on the 3G affecting my touch screen at all, so if I ever found another incredibly easy to apply Protector that didn't affect the experience, I would get it.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I was going to hold off but after looking at my screen with the right angle, I see about two fine scratches on my screen, not deep at all but they are there and im not cool with that. Going to get me a tempered glass on my lunch break!

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
I have always had one. I will always have one. I like to peel it off after two years of hard use and see a pristine screen. You will hear others chime in that they have worked in a coal mine without a protector and there screen is mint. No, it's not.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

Absolute nonsense. This makes no sense what so ever. What's the fact that it's a touch screen device got to do with it. The fact is it's a device with a glass front which no matter what anyone says is prone to scratches and a screen protector is definitely a good idea.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Never used them and have only scratched my screen once. It's not hard to keep these screens in good condition. I work in an office, I use a case with a raised lip so it never gets set directly on the screen, I keep it in a pocket that never has keys or change. Plus the screens are very tough. I did put a 1/8" scratch into my 3GS screen, (and I completely shattered my 5S, but that was from the shockwave and wouldn't have been helped by a protector anyway (it landed flat on its back).

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
The only couple times I've ever used a screen protector, I end up peeling them off within a couple days, so I've wasted my money. I keep it the phone my front pocket by itself. No issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.