Screen protectors anyone going without

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Oct 2, 2014.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Since none fit that well anyone decide to go with out ?

2. BMW535i macrumors member

I just purchased the Skinomi TechSkin on Amazon. It is a full front and back protector that has actual cut-outs for the home button and cameras as opposed to the generic cutouts on most screen protectors. :apple:

3. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

Using a screen protector on a touch screen device is ridiculous. It negates all the effort that Apple put into making the touch screen the way it is. If you need a screen protector you have the wrong device.

4. burntice macrumors member

I do have a screen protector on my current Iphone and definitely don't feel its ridiculous.

To the OP I know some folks that go without. I think you may want to consider what types of environments you expose your phone to. If you decide to use a case what type of lip it has etc...

5. shady25 macrumors member

6. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I will be going without until a proper edge to edge tempered screen protector is released.

7. Tekzilla macrumors regular

Tekzilla

I haven't had a screen protector since the 3G. The one I bought for the 3G applied so easily with its own adhesive. I had a terrible experience with a 4 screen protector and bubbles, it was so much harder and annoying than the 3G application I said forget this and I haven't used one since.

I didn't find the protector on the 3G affecting my touch screen at all, so if I ever found another incredibly easy to apply Protector that didn't affect the experience, I would get it.

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I won't be getting one for the 6. The curved edges are too nice :D

9. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I was going to hold off but after looking at my screen with the right angle, I see about two fine scratches on my screen, not deep at all but they are there and im not cool with that. Going to get me a tempered glass on my lunch break!

10. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

I have always had one. I will always have one. I like to peel it off after two years of hard use and see a pristine screen. You will hear others chime in that they have worked in a coal mine without a protector and there screen is mint. No, it's not.

11. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Bingo :D

...or at least they think it is until they see ours that has been protected :cool:

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

Absolute nonsense. This makes no sense what so ever. What's the fact that it's a touch screen device got to do with it. The fact is it's a device with a glass front which no matter what anyone says is prone to scratches and a screen protector is definitely a good idea.

13. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Never used them and have only scratched my screen once. It's not hard to keep these screens in good condition. I work in an office, I use a case with a raised lip so it never gets set directly on the screen, I keep it in a pocket that never has keys or change. Plus the screens are very tough. I did put a 1/8" scratch into my 3GS screen, (and I completely shattered my 5S, but that was from the shockwave and wouldn't have been helped by a protector anyway (it landed flat on its back).

14. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

The only couple times I've ever used a screen protector, I end up peeling them off within a couple days, so I've wasted my money. I keep it the phone my front pocket by itself. No issues.