Screen Protectors covering cameras?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mpossoff, Aug 31, 2010.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi all are there any screen protectors and/or cases like the Zagg or similar that covers cameras and flash?

Seems like every screen protector doesn't provide protection for both cameras and flash. Even the Otterbox Defender as a case doesn't have protection like it does for the 3GS.

Marc

2. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

They don't protect the camera cause unless they are applied properly, they can ruin the camera's images like you are taking a photo through a murky window. Also, they don't work well if they cover the flash since it causes the light to rebound near the camera and also spoil the picture.

3. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Doesn't the otterbox defender for the 3GS have a film for ear piece and camera?

Marc

4. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Yes, yes it does have a film covering the camera, not sure about the ear piece. I was mainly referring to stick on films instead of otterbox defenders, I've always found them too bulky and a bit of an overkill for my needs so I don't know the details of them. Check around maybe on youtube for iPhone 4 case reviews and you might find one matching your needs.