Screen protectors for 17" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RHD, Oct 17, 2011.

1. RHD macrumors 6502

I am having a nightmare time in meetings with people poking my soft screen with fingers, pens and pencils. One guy even drew on it before I could get the biro away from him. Before I break someone's arm can anyone tell me if there is such as thing as a hard clear screen protector to fit over my soft antiglare screen?
    I can only find nasty looking soft sticky things that I really don't want to glue to my screen and aren't tough enough to solve my problem anyway.

Thanks in advance.

PS I am unable to search the forum. In the first place I can barely read the securing codes and even when I'm SURE I've got it right I get an error message, see attachment.

Attached Files:

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

if u had a glossy screen then yes u could have gotton one but not for anti glare

you cant cover an anti glare screen due to its matte finish

your out of luck

just tell everyone not to touch your screen lol, i dont understand why everyone s touching your macbook in business meetings?

3. bruleke macrumors 6502

bruleke

RHD,

you cant use a screen protector on a matte screen.

How about print a small decal like "Do not touch the screen" and stick to the top of your display?
    Since telling people not to touch it is not working...

4. RHD thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I thought and it's not very clever as you don't really need one for the glass screens, it's the matt ones that are fragile.
    I think I'll just have to get a piece of clear perspex cut and tape it on for meetings. Definitely a gap in the market there...

5. randomrazr macrumors 65816

then you'll ruin the screen clarity

6. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

wait, why don't you just tell people to not touch or draw on your screen? hopefully they respect you enough to follow that simple rule...

7. RHD thread starter macrumors 6502

Drawing on it with a pencil or biro rather ruins the screen clarity too. Why does everyone think I DON'T tell them not to touch the screen? The problem is they get so carried away pointing out to the rest of the room what they want they keep forgetting.
    I think a piece of perspex might be the cheapest option. It's either that or some kind of mini projector so they can draw on their own walls to their hearts content, but I think they are expensive and it's more to carry.

8. JayMBP macrumors regular

I have 3M AG film applied to my 17" MBP, so, it's possible. But then again, it was professionally applied (even made a hole for the camera. :D) while I was in Taiwan.

Check out your local Chinese paper ads to see if someone do custom protector application. They should know how to get you something.

AG film is also sth I strongly recommend, you get the best of both world. The ideal black bezel look w/o annoying reflection and fingerprint magnet of the glare screens. :D

[​IMG]

9. agent-x macrumors member

Interesting. I will ask a friend in the UK who wraps cars for a living if he can do this for me. This is brilliant

10. randomrazr macrumors 65816

its like putting an anti glare on the iphone, it degrades the screen quality