Screen protectors for Apple Watch Sport?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JerTheGeek, Apr 26, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Is anyone using screen protectors with their sport? Do you think we need them? Or is it safe to go without one?

2. cruzmisl macrumors regular

You have to decide whether you can live with the inevitable scratch

3. khn macrumors newbie

I have a tempered glass one from Luvvitt. I can clearly see the outline of the protector, since the watch screen is curved...and they can only cover the non-curved portion. I also have a tech armor film in hand, looks about the same size (on 38mm watch) - I'm getting ready to remove the tempered glass.

4. Stoneyman macrumors member

I originally wasn't considering it but I got a small scratch on my sport in the first 2 days. Don't event know how it got there. My iPhone screen has stayed in pretty good shape so I thought things would go as well with the sport face - but having it sticking out of my wrist seems to be inviting more abuse (duh)

So now I'm trying to decide if want to live with a couple of scratches or a (possibly) ugly screen protector. It should be noted that I'm notoriously a minimalist when it comes to protecting my devices. I also look at the watch in a utilitarian way instead of a piece of jewelry so I may be able to live with a couple of scratches over time....

Decisions decisions....:)

5. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull