Screen protectors on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 55test55, Mar 10, 2012.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

Do you guys use screen protectors on your iPads (or will you use them on the new iPad)? Any recommendations for a brand/type?

Thanks!

2. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I decided that if I can't put it in my pocket I won't get a Screen Protector. Seriously, it's the reason why Screens gets scratched.

As for brand, I used to buy Clarivue but realized how ridiculous it is to spend more than $20 for it. Now, I either get it with Cases like OtterBox Impact Series for my iPhone 4S or I pick one up at those Mall Kiosk Accessories which sells for $10. I had one for my BlackBerry PlayBook, no problems.

3. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

No, never. Not even on my iPhone. The screen is extremely scratch resistant.

4. Xanthos macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Exactly.

I've gone through 5 iPhones and 1 iPad and I've never used a screen protector.

I've only had one scratch on one of my iPhone because I dropped it really hard.

The screen protectors will only ruin your viewing because they are extremely prone of scratches. After a month, it'll be filled with scratches. You're better off without one.

5. donnaw macrumors 65816

I use a Power Support anti-glare. I originally put on because my grandkids would be playing with my iPad but since using it for a year I have come to love the anti-glare properties and especially the anti-fingerprint aspects.

My husband has an iPad with no screen protector and I can't tell the difference either in clarity or in the touch. For me not having to wipe fingerprints off constantly and to be able to use it without the glare is well worth the $30 or so.

I just ordered another for my new iPad.

6. cr-z macrumors newbie

The only thing I like about screen protectors are, once they are on a clean screen without many airbubbles, one wipe removes all dirt as you don't need to constantly wipe every bit of screen a dozen times.

7. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

To answer the OP question, I like go with SGP, its a great brand. As far as which one to go with, I like the new Glas.t they are coming out with in April. It is glass and oleophobic coated so it looks and feels just like the iPad screen, and it is super scratch resistant. The only reason I protect my iDevices is because I have little ones and no one can predict what can happen in a moments notice with them.

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

9. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I've used a few in my time down the years, but since I tried some the best clear shields from SGP, Power Support, Clear-Coat, Zagg, etc, on the iPhone 4, I've come to the conclusion, that nothing is as good as a naked Retina Display, in both feel and looks.

Every shield, no what matter the quality, detracts(to some degree) from the display. It could be hazyness or subtle light refraction, but you notice it when you take the protector off.
    The Smart Cover has proven(to me) to be sufficient.

10. aneftp macrumors 601

Screens do get scratch. Its hard to get it scratch but it does happen.

I have seen iphone screens scratch and ipad screens scratched.

My brothers ipad has 2cm scratch on top left corner. His 2-4 year old kids probably caused it before i sent him a screeb protector last year.

I guess if u were in an adult only house with no pets. That would seem safe.

11. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

12. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Why self-bump? Our answers aren't good enough?

13. sekazi macrumors 6502

I cannot use one without a Matte protector so yes I will use one for the iPad as well. I have already ordered it to put it on before I even turn it on.