Screen Protectors; Sticky Residue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by EdwardsNH, Feb 17, 2008.

1. EdwardsNH macrumors member

See a lot of people here recomending InvisibleShield screen protectors. Also saw someone mention bestskinsever.com and the fact that it doesn't leave a sticky residue.

Just wondering if you guys could let me know your experiences? Thanks

ps - My daughter just took 1st place in the State Wrestling Championships today (The only girl to do so this year) :D

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Congrats to daughter.

The "screen shield" my case came with (Griffin Reflect) uses a static cling so it doesn't come off with stickyness. I am sure most would...though I could be mistaken.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Wow! Not knowing much about US wrestling or indeed any US sports I have to ask… she wrestles against guys? Impressive! :eek:

4. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

The InvisibleShield and BestSkinsEver skins will not leave any residue, but they tend to "yellow" after a while. I'm not talking about very yellow. They just seem to get somewhat of a slight dark yellow tint to them after a while. On a black device or on a screen it isn't very noticeable. But I can see a definite difference on my white iPod Photo. In my opinion it's worth the extra protection though since most other skins don't hold up too well to scratches.

Also, the InvisibleShield has a lifetime warranty, so if it ever gets a yellow tint, you could send it back for a replacement.

5. EdwardsNH thread starter macrumors member

yes, she's a brute :)

Www.youtube.com/edwardsnh

6. optimus prime macrumors regular

you can easily take teh sticky residue off with goo gone