Screen protectors that work with Defender

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mpossoff, Oct 31, 2011.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I have a white 4S and a newer Otterbox Defender version. I need to rock the Defender during the week because of my work environment. But on weekends I like to switch out on a less protective case.

What I'm looking for since I like to switch out on weeekends is a front and back screen protector I can use with the Defender. I tried Zagg front and back and it doesn't work with the Defender. It's a very tight fit. When I first got my white 4S the factory plastic that comes out of the box fit very well with the Defender.

Any help?

2. al0513 macrumors 6502

From past experience.. its VERY hard to fit the phone into the case with anything on it. I didnt have a screen protector but I had a skin on the back and i had to surgically make it fit. ALSO.. it has a plastic cover. why do you need a screen protector?

3. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Because as I said in my post I need the Defender during the week because of my work environment and on weekends want to use a bumper case.

4. al0513 macrumors 6502

ahh gotcha.

Well I wouldnt use a cheap-o plastic screen protector if your hard on your phone. You can find these on amazon.. usually $2+shipping for 2-3.

I would just use the Defender honestly..

5. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Found a solution. Use Zagg back only with Defender no front. When I switch out use Moshi AG which I've applied to my wife's in 2 seconds. Moshi can be washed and stored when not using.