Screen Protectors .... Which One

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macnificant, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

I am looking for crystal clear protection. I have used Power Support for 3G, 4 and 4s. No problems but up to trying something as good if not better

Need something easy to install

I have read a lot about SGP UC and UO. Which one is clearer?

What about Ghost Armor?

Others to consider?

2. Kingspade360 macrumors newbie

go with the Zagg hd screen full body cover i just ordered mine they are on back order until the 28th no orange peell effect and it feels more glass like instead of rubber

3. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I have used varios including: Zagg, GreenOnions, SGP, Power Support and Switcheasy.

There are two main kinds of screen protectors; hard static cling and soft wet apply ones.

All of the static cling ones are easy to aply and clearer than the wet ones.

My order of preference is as follows:

1. Green Onions oleophobic
    2. SGP Oleophobic
    3. Power Support Crystal
    4. Switcheasy Crystal.

I don't recommend any of the soft ones like Ghost Armor or Zagg.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Don't use one at all. Or at least go it without one for a few weeks to see if you really worry about it.

Naturally, if you are prone to dropping the phone and/or you just toss it in your purse/pockets with keys then perhaps you should maintain using one.

5. Kingspade360 macrumors newbie

before you buy read the reviews etc on the iphone 4s zagg hd screen really good reviews check youtube also i wouldnt listen to the post above unless you want one thats going to muddle down the rentina display

6. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1375989

All the protectors I mentioned (static cling crystal type) look completely clear, just look at previous threads or reviews by Larry Greenberg and other recognized bloggers. The wet apply shields are the ones recognized for causing a muddy effect.

7. Kingspade360 macrumors newbie

the guy didnt even know what he was doing to install it used 75% of the liquid? haha you put a light mist on the screen you dont drench the damn thing. makes me wonder if her even got the right shield also seems dumb to try it yourself if you have never done that type before and mess it up. go watch the videos on youtube about the hd no one i watch said theirs on orange peel

----------

for people who dont know what they are doing you dont drench it

8. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

Just check the hundred of threads discussing the Orange peel effect of zagg, including the ones installed professionally.

And why you say crystal static cling protectors are muddy? No single reviewer has even said so as they are universally accepted as the clearest protectors. Even the no name brand ones.

9. robertk328 macrumors regular

robertk328

I've always liked the Power Support the best. After a while (they last a LNG time) they aren't as clear and I take them off and use the phone without for a while. Turns out I never put one back on. I much prefer the clarity without a cover and have not had any issues.

My iPad has one but it gets less use and stays in a case all the time so the screen protector is in great shape still. My iP5 won't have one though.

10. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I have used PS crystal and and love them. I have also used SGP and they look equally clear, same as the naked screen.

Zagg, Bodyburdz, GA etc. have a rough rubbery texture. Stay away from those.

11. Powrie macrumors 6502

I was going to go with the zagg HD but they didnt do full cutouts.

I dont like the way they did them.

So iam gonna wait till they change it, which I know they will.

Or iam going with another company that did them right.