Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Will screen protectors designed for an iPhone 3G or 3GS work on an iPhone 4? The screens appear to be the same size, yet I see that they sell specific model screen protectors. If they are different, it can't be by much. Anyone know for sure?

2. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Would it be enough to make any difference? I would think as long as the holes for the Home button and the ear speaker are in the correct spot, I could live with it being slightly short. But quite honestly looking at both screens, I can't tell one is longer than the other.

Besides, I have several iPhone 3G screen protectors, would hate to have them go to waste and buy new ones for the iPhone 4

4. kingkunal macrumors newbie

You can get one for the iPhone 4 for 2.00 each with shipping from the US. That includes front and back.

I would imagine it wouldnt work because the front camera.

5. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

yep, ive already tried it. they dont line up. sorry, i wanted to do the same thing!

6. g35 macrumors 6502a

Someone tried it and posted a pic. Result was that the home button falls within the cutout (barely) and the earpiece falls within the cutout (again, barely) and there's a couple mm of exposed screen at the top/bottom (can't remember) and there's no camera hole.

Bottom line: it works, but it isn't pretty. Most people probably don't care but those who care enough to use a screen protector probably would.

7. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh well, guess I have spend even more money on my iPhone.