screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by typethree, Jan 8, 2009.

1. typethree macrumors newbie

Need some expert help here! I’ve tried out 3 to 4 different screen protector companies for my phone but they all leave these nasty bubbles and make the screen fuzzy. Can someone please tell me the brand they’re using if they DO NOT have this weird bubble problem…Thanks!

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Most of them really make bubbles IF misaligned or improperly placed. Just be patient, make sure you have a lot of free time before you even attempt to place a screen protector.

The screen protectors that make your screen fuzzy - my hunch those are anti-fingerprints film or anti-glare films.

3. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Power Support Anti-Glare Film is my favorite screen protector. It is great to look through and no harder to install than any other. Plus, I don't see all the greasy finger tip marks.

S-

4. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

are you using ones with static cling or ones that need soapy water to apply?

5. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I used to use the Power Support Anti Glare screens, until I bought the Steinheil Anti Fingerprint screens. It works just as good as the Power Support, BUT less texture, so it's a bit more clear and less fuzzy.

6. calvy macrumors 65816

i use the Power Support crystal screen protectors from the apple store, and love them. No bubbles, no fuzzy screen, I really don't see why everyone doesn't have one of these.

7. jondaviseffect macrumors newbie

jondaviseffect

I second the Power Support Anti-Glare Film. I put it on 3 days ago and i am absolutely in love. the slight fuzziness/blurriness of the screen bugged me for the first 10 minutes, but now i do not even notice it. also the matte finish feels so much better on my fingers that the regular glass screen.

8. scolomb104 macrumors newbie

Steinheil

Daremo, does this thing have the fuzziness and blur that people are talking about with the power support? I don't want to get something that is going to jeopardize clarity.

9. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

It's much less noticeable then the power support. I was all about the PS, but the Steinheil is much more clear.

10. mp3mp macrumors newbie

screen protectors

I hate those bubbles too! Someone suggested purplemoo but it had the same problem. Then I tried navprotector.com, a smaller company I found on eBay. So far it’s working like a charm – no bubbles even after 6 months!

11. Will76 macrumors newbie

12. key714 macrumors member

i recommend SGP & SwitchEasy's screen shields :D