Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by AngryApple, Jan 10, 2009.

1. AngryApple macrumors 6502

Do you think it is nessessary to have a screen protector on my iPod touch? I use a static cling one and it makes it kind of hard to swipe finger and stuff like that. If I take it off, should I be worried about scratching the screen?

2. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I don't know that it's absolutely necessary, the screens are pretty scratch resistant. However, I have a Power Supply anti-glare film on mine and I love it, I think it actually makes swiping my finger easier, and it's MUCH more resistant to fingerprints and other grime.

3. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

yep, and its a POWER SUPPORT anti glare film. its nice and doesn't hinder anything.

4. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Oh you're right, thanks for the correction :)

5. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Power Support Crystal film applies very easily and I feel my finger slides very easily over it.

[​IMG]

power support page

6. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

7. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Isn't the screen glass and scratch resistant?

8. AngryApple thread starter macrumors 6502

The screen is indeed made of glass. I think it may be scratch resistant, but I don't know. I've seen a few pics of iPod touch owners with screens that are scratched and a few more iPhone users with scratches.

9. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

The screen is most definately glass.
    Glass is most definately not scratch resistant.

10. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

I would not like to not have a screen protector on my ipod touch. I use ZAGG but some dont like the orange peel effect it gives. I've never tried the power support but heard good things.

11. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

How well do the power support screen protectors fit? I got the invisible shield (front only) and I'm not thrilled with it. It leaves a small gap between the edge of the film and the frame of the ipod... it is a pretty small gap on the sides, but it is 1/8" or so on the top. Doesn't look that great and it created a little place between the case and the film that likes to trap lint.

12. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

The Power Support leaves small gaps but not nearly as big as 1/8". Are you sure you bought the right Invisible Shield? I used one on my 1G Touch and it covered the entire front including the bezel.

13. canadagrad macrumors newbie

Yup, glass definitely scratches.

I use the Belkin clear screen ones (all that was available to me) and I think they're fine. No orange peel look to them but they are a little bit short of covering the entire surface of the glass.

14. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I would definitely get a screen protector of some sort. Getting a full blown case is debatable but you should definitely get a screen protector. I've had my touch for 2 weeks and I'm very careful with it yet I can still see a couple of small scratches on my screen protector. I'm happy it's not on the actual glass

15. CSilver macrumors 6502

16. th0rn macrumors newbie

pleased to see all the recommendations. i am surprised to learn through use that i need an anti-glare screen protector. e-books on the train are a challenge without.

q.'s re. power support screen protectors: 1. will it work with my switcheasy rebel case? (can't think why not, but maybe there's a why not.), and 2. do you happen to know a decent source for same?

thanks all, and thanks for starting this thread, thread-starter person.

17. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I'm currently writing on my touch. I have the full BSE skin and it fits on my rebel touch case. Any screen protector will fit on any case.

18. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

2. I buy mine at the local Apple stores here, maybe Amazon or order direct?