Screen Question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Boulderer2001, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Boulderer2001 macrumors member

I am debating between the 20inch and 24 inch. Is the extra 300 worth the upgrade for the screen resolution difference?

2. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

What are you going to use your new imac for? I got the 20" because there was nothing i do on a computer that I would need that extra resolution.

3. Boulderer2001 thread starter macrumors member

Maybe a few games in the future but have a 360 for that. I will surf the internet, edit photos and video also watch some movies and t.v. shows from Itunes.

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

It'd be good if you were doing HD video editing or if you really want the best you can get. I'd get it, but I've gotta have the best... but really I doubt you need it.

5. Boulderer2001 thread starter macrumors member

What I am wondering is how much of a difference in quality a T.V. show will be versus the two. Right now I am using a 19inch monitor so either will be an upgrade. In the store the 24 compared to the 20 on an episode of Lost seemed to be different.

6. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

It also depends if LCD color shifting bothers you when viewing at an angle. I don't need a 24" and gaming will probably suffer from the higher native resolution (although my previous 20" display quickly grew too small for me..), but I can't stand the viewing angle on the 20". To me, the viewing angle and higher resolution is worth the money.

Someone convince me otherwise. :) I really want to open the one sitting on my desk, waiting to be returned.