Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
This has started to happen randomly and I'm getting kind of worried about it. Sometimes when I'm using the iPhone, I'll be in an app, such as Mail, and will his the home button. When I do, instead of going home, the screen will shut off. It will stay off until I press a button, such as the home button, then it will come back on, do whatever it was supposed to do the first time I pressed whatever button it was... then immediately do whatever the second button press told it to do.

Any opinions? Is this happening to anyone else? I've never dropped it, gotten water on it, or anything... I just wanted to see what other people thought I should do. It doesn't happen too often. Maybe like, once every day or two. But still, I don't want it to get worse.

aonflux

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2004
it has happened to me too maybe 3 times in the last week. I have had the phone for a week. the screen switches off to black and then when i press either the sleep key or the home key it comes back on.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
hmm... weird. are you planning on doing anything about it? or just putting up with it unless it gets worse?

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
although it sucks we're all having this problem, i'm glad to see i'm not the only one.

i did a system restore yesterday and it didnt' seem to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.