Screen Record iphone?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i_never_existed, Mar 30, 2009.

1. i_never_existed macrumors newbie

i_never_existed

Hi there everyone.

I searched high and low on google, but no one seems to have an answer for this one.

Steve Jobs and everyone else at Apple lovingly show the screen of their iphone, on the big display.

How do they do that?

I am looking for a way (hopefully without unlocking my iphone) to show form the main screen of my iphone, opening an app, and the apps menu.

I thought this would be easy to do... seeing so often done at the various expo's online... but it seems that I may have been mistaken.

If anyone knows, please hit me back.

Thanks

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

One way would be to Jailbreak and install Veency. It has a crappy refresh rate though. (Lag)
    As for the phones Apple uses at the Keynotes, they have a modified motherboard, so your out of luck.

3. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

They have special iPhones and cords.

But with a legit app, I don't think it would be possible because the app would close as soon as you hit the home button..

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Didn't google have an application themselves? It was to allow to display what was seen on the iPhone screen onto a computer - can't remember the details, but am sure there was a way. Then you could just camtasia/screenflow.
    But couldn't you do it via XTools/other/ iphone simulator?