Screen Recorder

hollywood334

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Is there a screen recorder in the mac app store or that i can download off the internet that will let me record videos off my screen. I have found a website that has old cartoons and shows that I use to watch and I'm wanting to record them to watch offline and put on a hard drive to watch later.
What can do this and be decent quality and sound?

Nov 28, 2010
located
QuickTime X, ScreenFlow, Camtasia, iShowU HD.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:

Comment

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
Is there a screen recorder in the mac app store or that i can download off the internet that will let me record videos off my screen. I have found a website that has old cartoons and shows that I use to watch and I'm wanting to record them to watch offline and put on a hard drive to watch later.
What can do this and be decent quality and sound?
A "screen recorder" may not be best suited for this. Elmedia Player Pro ($20) may be what you want.
http://mac.eltima.com/media-player.html

Comment

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
A "screen recorder" may not be best suited for this. Elmedia Player Pro ($20) may be what you want.
http://mac.eltima.com/media-player.html
Do you use Elmedia Player? Do you recommend it?

Not available in Mac App Store :mad:

With PRO version of Eltima’s media player for Mac OS X you can download various online videos including streaming videos (RTMP) or animations right to your computer. All you need to do for that is enter the URL of website with files you want in Elmedia Player and choose the files to download from the list. When downloading SWF animation, preview all the external resources your file may be using. After looking into them you can either download initial SWF file, or SWF file with all its external resources, or just the external file you liked.
Does this work reliable?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.