Screen Recording app??

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SaMaster14, Jun 9, 2011.

1. SaMaster14 macrumors 6502

Well I know that you can obviously take a screen shot picture with all the iOS devices, but is there an app out there that will start recording what you do on your screen and take a screen video?(like to take a video of an app, or show off your homescreen in a video, maybe do a video to show off an OS without having to record a video of the device).

Honestly I just feel like the idea is cool and was wondering if 'there is an app for that.'

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Maybe in Cydia, I wouldn't know because I don't jailbreak, but I've never heard of anything in the App Store. I would think that Apple wouldn't approve of such an app though.

3. kppolich macrumors 6502

kppolich

how do you take a screenshot with the iphone4??

4. SaMaster14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Click the top/power button and the home button at the same time and it takes a screenshot.
    (I have the 4th generation iPod touch and an iPad and that works with both of them, so I'm almost positive it's the same for the iphone4.

5. psonice macrumors 6502a

It's usually developers that need to do this, and we normally use desktop screen recording software for the mac with the iphone simulator. makes it nice and easy (unless you need multi-touch, video, etc. that aren't in the simulator). Otherwise maybe try the jailbreak options, because this isn't possible with an app store app.

Other options: use video out (it'd have to be enabled in the app unless it's an ipad 2 with video mirroring) and plug it into a video recorder, or point a camera at the screen. For one of my apps that was impossible to film any other way (it uses live video, and the phone has to move around.. ow), I made an attachment for my camera to hold the phone in just the right place to record a video. It's not ideal, but it works.

6. adam718 macrumors newbie

Screen Recording app??

Use this procedure to record your iPhone (or any other iOS device) screen;

On your PC, use TightVNC, and on your iPhone install the software named 'Veency' using Cydia and run it.

Run TightVNC on your PC and enter the IP address of your iPhone. If you don't know the IP address on your iPhone, open a browser on your iPhone and go to the url: http://www.deskshare.com/mypcinfo.aspx.

Once you connect, you will have your iPhone screen displayed on your PC. To make a video tutorial of your iPhone application, I recommend using My Screen Recorder. If you're going to include verbal directions in your video tutorial, it allows you to record both the audio from a microphone and the PC speakers at the same time. You can download My Screen Recorder here: http://www.deskshare.com/screen-recorder.aspx

7. Sami6789 macrumors newbie

You press the home button and the lock button at the same time