screen recording programs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gelatin, May 25, 2007.

1. gelatin macrumors 6502

are there any good free ones about where you can record eveerything you are doing on screen?

2. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

I would say Copernicus also and iShowu isn't free.

3. MagicUK macrumors regular

MagicUK

Great tips guys. I write quite a few manuals and often have pages and pages of screen shots. When converting them for online use this is a much better way to get the point across.

4. gelatin thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks yall copernicus is for 10.4 :( im on 10.3.9

5. gelatin thread starter macrumors 6502

6. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

7. Colton534 macrumors member

What about a screen recorder download w/ audio?

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I know ScreenFlow records system audio, but it doesn't come cheap.

9. wellandbusiness macrumors newbie

We use Screenflow to produce a lot of our training material. As you say, it doesn't come cheap, but it is worth it for us! I can very much recommend this product.

Why not try the free trial, after all you have nothing to loose :)

10. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

sorry for the grave digging, but is there any other free app that screen records w/ audio? i wanna record some of my SC2 gameplay.

edit; i just got this, nice app. how do i edit the screen recordings with iMovie? when i press save as.. it saves as screenflow, not as .avi or .mvk or anything.

11. TheMochaluver macrumors newbie

Screenium

I tried using copernicus but it kept on crashing so I did a little more looking around and I found Screenium on the apple website and its great! It comes with audio (from your built in mic, which you can change in the audio settings) and there are a lot of advanced settings like what size/colour/duration of the click fill and it (of course) comes with all the "fixed area" "fullscreen" "mouse area" and "single window" options of where you want to record, Plus you can easily export the movies from the Screenium library by clicking "export" (so you can use it in imovie and stuff). One thing is that the free demo version (which still has all the features of the full version btw) can only record 30 sec of video, which is still good considering all the other programs can only do that too. The price to get the serial number for the full version with no limit of how long you record, costs about $15.00 though. :(