Screen Repair and Hard Drive Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sparker781, May 16, 2015.

1. sparker781 macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro with a severely cracked screen. I bought the cable to project the screen on my monitor but that didn't work either, as I got the background on the screen but nothing else even though I could clearly see other things on the MacBook screen thru the cracks....It is worth even trying to fix? Here is what the screen looks like all messed up

Attached Files:

2. JTToft, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015

JTToft macrumors 68040

Whether it's worth fixing is really your call. A new Display Assembly will cost a few hundred dollars (check Ifixit.com and/or Ebay). If the only problem is the glass, you can get that for far less.

To get it to work with your external monitor, connect it to the MBP and the MBP to power. Then close the lid on the MBP. It will then display properly on the external screen, provided nothing else is broken. Use an external mouse to control things.
    When you've done that, you can set your external display as the default display in System Preferences. Then when you open your laptop again, the display will flicker but the interface with Dock and windows etc. should stay.
    I hope that made sense (and that I remembered how this works properly; I'm not at my machine)...