screen repaired, but replaced with sound issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vaslloyd, Aug 6, 2011.

1. vaslloyd macrumors newbie

I got the inverter cable replaced on my Macbook because it was having back lit issues. That works now, but at the same time the sound is really messed up. It is "tinny" sounding and has very little bass. Is it possible that this got messed up during the repair? Are they even located in the same area? Thanks for your help.

2. Nextitsolutions macrumors newbie

3. sophsmum macrumors newbie

same here

hi There! I almost have the same problem. My top case was replaced last week and recieved it with newer issues. Had to bring it back. So thankfully, the geniuses fixed those problems (new logic board, superdrive, bottom case). Was so happy and thankful, til I got home and listened really well to the speakers, I noticed it was also tinny. you think i should bring it back to the genius? They've been really great as it is, but it never sounded like this before. Late 2009 model.

4. CrackedMac1 macrumors newbie

Replacement

Ugh, I'm getting mine replaced too because of cracking (surprise, surprise) and I'm pretty nervous that something will go wrong. He didn't really seem like a genius to me. I'm more careful with my Macbook than he was with it right in front of me, and he tried to suggest that I caused the cracks.

5. shifuimam macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar problem; the only thing is that I don't know if it was related to the top case replacement I had done at an Apple Store the day I got my MB (bought it on Craigslist used).

If I muffle the sub with my finger, the left and right speakers sound very low and tinny. I should know this, but is this how they sound all the time, or is this related to some other problem?