screen replaced..now problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jmarti88, Jun 25, 2009.

1. jmarti88 macrumors newbie

i have a black mackbook, bought it maybe 2 years ago and everything was going fine until some how my screen got cracked. I looked up the instructions to replace and me and my computer savvy friend successfully replaced my screen. Now the problem is that if my screen is touched the wrong way or if i adjust it at all it turns black on me until i restart it ?????

2. jmarti88 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

When dangerous people put the hinge covering the inverter board back on they smash it in there and mess up parts sticking out of the inverter board. It is fixed by refilling the solder joint with fresh solder on the top of the board on the intermittent part.

This is solved by not removing the hinge when gaining access to the inverter. I prefer to snip the inverter wires, clean, twist, cut, and put 3:1 ratio heatshrink over it. This way I never remove that awful hinge. However, too late now.

It could be something else entirely, but most often for the stuff people bring me, this is the case.

4. jmarti88 thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome im going to give this a go. You do have a point because i do remember it being very difficult to put the hinge cover back on.