Screen replaced, still black.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Camsfault, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Camsfault macrumors newbie

I have recently replaced my iphone 6 screen. It initially worked then lines appeared on the screen then the screen was completely black. The phone is on(can feel vibrations and hear sounds). I replaced the screen again and it is still black. I have checked that the screen connectors are firmly clipped in. I have rplaced multiple acreens before without fail. Any suggestions?

2. FrogTastic macrumors regular

FrogTastic

I have the exactly the same issue. Ive tried a restore and held the power+home button down, expecting the apple to pop up - nothing.

3. Camsfault thread starter macrumors newbie

My guess is that the either the plug on the logic board has been damaged during connection(none visible) or a chip has been damaged by electrostatic discharge. I think ill have to send it to apple to get a new logic board :/

4. ray.arl macrumors member

Did you try with another screen? If other screen can light up, then you've got an defective screen; if no, it may be the problem of the logic board of the connector.

5. david91 macrumors regular

restoring the phone will not work. the new screen may not have been fixed properly when it was replaces. I mean the connections to the screen. An Iphone shop tech guy will give you the next option.