Screen replacement method Genius Bar

massi88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Hi all!

I am noticing white spots on my MBA (mostly on light background), which seems to be a common issue. I am thinking of asking for a screen repair at the Genius Bar. My question is: do they just replace the LCD or even the aluminium with the logo and cam around it (i.e. the whole screen)?

Cheers!

Gman021

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Hi all!

I am noticing white spots on my MBA (mostly on light background), which seems to be a common issue. I am thinking of asking for a screen repair at the Genius Bar. My question is: do they just replace the LCD or even the aluminium with the logo and cam around it (i.e. the whole screen)?

Cheers!
I've had two screens replaced. They replace the while unit. Screen and aluminum. The whole clamshell.

massi88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Great thanks! I heard one can ask for apple to order the screen and then have it replaced while waiting instead of leaving your mac for weeks.. did you experience this or you didn't ask for it?

Gman021

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Nope. I had dead pixels one one so they completely replaced it and didn't give me any alternatives. My second screen had a manufacturer defect.

It was nice since my first clamshell had a chip or two. But my Air fell off a table chipped aluminum once again.