Resolved Screen Replacement, When Do You Pay?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sonicrobby, Oct 30, 2013.

1. sonicrobby, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Hi guys, so this is my scenario. My aunt lives in south america, she has a macbook air and cracked the screen. She is coming into town for 4 days and she was going to go pay for a screen replacement at apple. What Im worried about is the timeframe for them to do it, as usually it took them 5-7 days to replace my rMBP screen, and she would be gone by then.

The potential solution: my dad is coming in a week before her, and she was going to give him the MBA to bring here. I was going to take it to apple for a head start on the repair. The issue is that it is out of warranty, and I don't have the money to pay for it. So my question is: Does one pay as they drop the computer off, or can they pay as they go to pick it up?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Turn around time is contingent on workload and inventory. So if there's a lot of people getting their laptops repaired, it will take longer, conversely if there's a lack of parts it will take longer.

My point is that we cannot accurately tell you how long it will take. Calling the apple store that you'll be bringing it will give you the best idea of how long.

3. s3526 macrumors newbie

4. sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Thanks! Thats what I needed to hear! :D

5. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

S3526 is correct, you pay when you pickup the Mac. You can also drop it off super early (a week or two) if you're concerned about turn around time. I think policy changes from store to store but it should be along the lines of "you agree to pickup your Mac within 30 days of completion". As long as she doesn't leave it there for over a month she'll be fine.