iPad Pro Screen Resolution...IPP

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pr0230, Dec 31, 2015.

1. pr0230 Suspended

It's Apple's most advanced display yet, with a 2732 x 2048 (264 ppi) resolution. That equates to 5.6 million pixels, which is higher than any existing iOS device and even the Retina MacBook Pro.

The iPad Air and Mini screens have the same 2,048 x 1,536 resolution. BUT the MIni Is actually sharper (326 pixels per inch vs. 264 PPI for the iPad Air), since it squeezes that same resolution onto a smaller screen.

Im reading from Many people here that the resolution is GREAT, Best there is, WONDERFUL... I agree but it is no better than what is already available...

Am I missing something? Did apple do something to the screen that makes it sharper, better resolution, less glare?

Form my point of view, ITS NOT the most advanced... Just Bigger...

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Do you know of another display with variable refresh rates and a custom timing chip in a tablet or do displays just boil down to resolution and PPI for you?

3. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

People also think the Surface pen is more advanced than the Pencil because it has an eraser. Most people don't see beyond specs and features on paper, and this was never Apple's playing field.

4. Absrnd macrumors regular

Absrnd

you posting reminds me of that guy, you know..that guy,
    when somebody holds his ipad pro for the first time and says, wow this is the best screen I have seen,
    and you tap him on the shoulder and say.. no actually it is not "the best screen" because,
    and starts reciting specs.... bla bla bla :)