iPhone Screen Rotation in iOS8.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Synergie, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Just wondering if any of the screen rotation tweaks work in 8.1? The only one I could find (that I could remember the name of) was icon rotate and its listed up to iOS 7.

I have iphone 6 not 6 plus and would like the rotation because I often flip the phone sideways when in my stand case, and if I am watching video on it etc. But having to look sideways at the icons if I have to switch apps etc is a bit of a pain.

Would like icons to rotate to work in landscape mode too...

2. Candurin macrumors regular

3. Ericbe59 macrumors member

Ericbe59

Yes. Cylinder from the BigBoss repo. It provides different "formulas" for rotation, like an outside cube, which I use.

Plus Möbius from repo.tylercasson.com, which provides infinite rotation.

Their both great!

----------

Oh... But cylinder and möbius don't do landscape mode, I think. At least not on my 5S.

4. that be me macrumors 6502

For those with littlebrother, do you know what resolution it uses for "small" mode?

5. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you Litthebrother killed two birds with one stone... smaller icons and landscape mode! Thanks!

Lanscape mode looks perfectly fine on the 6 in messages split mode! I don't know why apple didn't just include it in both to begin with?? Did they think that .8 of an inch would make THAT much of a difference that people using the 6 would find it cramped in landscape mode? I certainly think it looks fine!