screen rotation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iddicted, Feb 12, 2008.

1. iddicted macrumors newbie

It all started with a tiny little ipod... then it was Macbook, now ipone.. turned into an absolute i-things junkie.
    One little problem I have is when I compose sms or e-mails. Why does the screen not rotate like it does with Safari for my fat fingertips to do it's tap dancing? is there a way I can fix this on setting?
    Just got the iphone, so no time to browse through manual... help!

2. SRSound macrumors 6502

Having just got the phone, now would seem the best time to get acquainted with the manual - there's lots to learn! I also suggest reviewing the "finger tips" - http://www.apple.com/iphone/fingertips/

Anyway, no - as of right now, the there is no wide-screen keyboard in SMS or email. Here's to hoping that will change in the future!

3. kyleaa macrumors regular

It's even more annoying when you get HTML emails that you can't zoom in on, I have had some where the text is so small it is impossible to view.

4. oldimac macrumors regular

Give it a couple of weeks - the SDK will be out on Tuesday February 26th and there will more than likely be someone who will make that possible on the 27th :D

5. meagain macrumors 68030

I'm actually surprised no one made a mod for this yet (or if they did, I've not seen it). I get very lengthy emails often with techy information and I'm finding it difficult to read. I can't figure out how this would've been hard to do given the various accelerometer games, etc.