Screen Saver Config Issues ??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gman71882, Apr 13, 2012.

1. gman71882 macrumors 6502

gman71882

I've got a brand new Mac Mini running 10.7.3 and i want the Screen Saver to kick on and rotate through pictures...

The problem is my Screen Saver Dialogue box has almost NOTHING listed in it.:confused: See attached screen grab...
    It only has the "Apple" triangle with the "Computer Name" or "Flurry" Screen Savers listed.

I can't find anyway to reset my Screen Savers, so i tried installing a few new ones, which flashes the screen when they are installed, but they don't show up.
    When i try to install them again they say there are "already installed" and would you like to replace... But nothing is there.

Even when i try to just add a folder of pictures with the "+" sign, i can select the folder, but it just flashes the screen and it does NOT show up.
    Does Anyone know what might have happened?

Attached Files:

2. gman71882 thread starter macrumors 6502

gman71882

Damn, after about 3 hours of troubleshooting we have figured out the problem. It was so simple, that it just pisses me off.

The Mac was just running on our network, and was not hooked up to any display at the time. I was logged in via "Screen Share" feature in the finder through the network.

Since the Mac Mini was not currently hooked up to any display, it did not register any need to show screen savers... which is why the preference pane was empty.

As soon as we hooked it up to another monitor all the savers showed back up. :mad:
    Sometimes you just have a case of the Friday's...
    I need a beer.