Screen Saver Error

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Avizzv92, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Avizzv92 macrumors regular

I used to have the RSS reader/screen saver but recently i noticed it doesn't work. When the screen saver is suppose to come on the screen turns black then fades back out to the desktop then it goes black again then fades out...ect

Well I went too my preferences and I see that all my screen saver options are missing.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

After Im in the screen saver preferences tab for more then like 5 seconds the preferences menu closes all together and I get this error...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Everything else works and so does the desktop options tab. Not sure what is causing this... I did not delete or making any changes to my OS other then the updates.

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Do you have the latest version of the Safari Dev Preview installed? It caused some problems with Quartz files. Just uninstall it and your screensavers should work.

3. Avizzv92 thread starter macrumors regular

Come too think of it, I did just installed that of late...

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Well there you go. The first one didn't cause that problem, just the latest (second) seed.

5. Avizzv92 thread starter macrumors regular

I uninstalled safari and still have the problem even after a restart of the computer. And now when I try to reinstall the regular Safari I get a message when I choose a target disk "This update requires Mac OS X 10.5.2 or newer" and I have 10.5.5

6. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Did you use the uninstaller or just drag it to the trash?

7. Avizzv92 thread starter macrumors regular

I couldn't find a uninstaller so i figured i just had too drag it too the trash... I installed safari via the Leopard DVD and it works but it still wont update it too the newest version. And still have problems with the screen saver.

8. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

you need to reinstall safari 4 via the installer and then uninstall it with the uninstaller which is also located in the .dmg file. You can't just drag it to the trash.

9. Avizzv92 thread starter macrumors regular