Screen "Scrambles" and Flashes When I Scroll....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sherman90, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Sherman90 macrumors newbie

I noticed this in Safari and iTunes first; but now I note the same thing occurs in Finder. I don't know what causes it, but it's something that "sets in" at a certain point of usage and then doesn't go away until a reboot.

In Safari, when scrolling up and down webpages, the alignment of the page becomes corrupted. So, for example, scrolling down the forum board on Macrumours causes the individual forums to come out of alignment and become "scrambled". While I am scrolling, large portions of the screen will also flash a neutral screen colour and rest only once I've stopped scrolling.

Same thing happens in iTunes. In grid view, scrolling up and down my library causes a fairly large portion of the window to "black out" or flash for short instants before revealing the content again.

Anybody know what's up?

2. lordthistle macrumors 6502

What notebook have you got?

I used to have this problem with my early '08 MBP before the 10.5.5 update.

thistle

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

my early 08 MBP does the same thing in firefox (as well as other programs), and its really bad when there's embedded videos.
    I've been wondering if its the video card failing.

4. Sherman90 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. SMGreenfield macrumors member

SMGreenfield

Sherman90,

See my new post, "NVIDIA Graphics Firmware Defect on ALL 2008 / 2009 MacBook Pro!"