Screen Scratch !@@!@

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timimbo85, Aug 1, 2008.

1. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

I have a minor scratch on the screen, I have been searching on the net on what's best to use. I have read somewhere that if you take it to a jeweler they might be able to buff it out, which is nice since my uncle is a jeweler. But I wanted to hear some success stories and have people share some knowledge.

2. DPB17 macrumors 6502

Fruit And Veg

Apparently rubbing banana onto the screen gets rid of them or was that the back? I can't remember but definetly try your uncle.

3. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Can you use glass polish? I have a few scratches also, and some Zaino Glass polish.

4. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

I heard a butter + kerosene mix, waxed onto the iPhone with sandpaper actually works wonders.

Actually, don't. Yu can always try your uncle and if that doesn't work then.. you can try one of those scratch remover products. ;)

5. timimbo85 thread starter macrumors regular

timimbo85

I spoke with my uncle and he said that he didn't buff glass, but i might be able to buff the sides of the phone and get it nice and pretty. Anyone else with glass scratch tips?

Any photographers out there that get small dings on their lens, the stuff to fix that has got to be good.

6. Greggio macrumors newbie

Woah!

I thought it was supposed to be unscratchable. Should I be investing in a screen protector?

7. timimbo85 thread starter macrumors regular

timimbo85

I would say yes! The scratch isn't deep, but it is noticeable. I think it will be able to be filled if I find the right product. I am going to go into apple today and see if they can help me out, maybe they have some ideas.

8. timimbo85 thread starter macrumors regular

timimbo85

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/3298.htm

This stuff seems to be pretty good. It says it is for ipod and other phones, but the screens are acrylic, anyone try this?

Ok forget that, it says not to use on touch screen displays.

9. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

No. I hate it that people cover their phones with tons of **** just to prevent it from minor scratches. Keep it in a sleeve for when your not using it, but other than that, use the phone as it was intended.

I used covers on the first phone for a while until I realized that it was so much nicer with it off. The screen never scratched and the phone always worked perfectly. The back scuffed up, but its not like you can tell.

For me, I always get to a point where I stop caring if its perfect. I've realized now I might as well enjoy it from the beginning.

10. timimbo85 thread starter macrumors regular

timimbo85

I read that scratch removal for glasses works pretty well. I think I will try this