screen seems a bit yellowish

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ri0ku, May 29, 2010.

1. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

My ipad screen seems a bit yellowish to me :S compared to my 1st gen ipod touch screen... but when I compare the 1st gen touch then i start thinking the touch screen looks a bit blueish...

I then compared to my macbook pro screen (which looks FAR better but obviously it was a £1,500 machine its bound to look better especialy with the increased colour gama)

Has anyone else notised this? or am I just being paranoid :S it doesnt look MUCH more yellowish I can just notised..

I then compared to my brothers acer monitor (which is a couple of years old now) and the ipad colours looked almost identical to his monitor.

edit: I think apple should include the ability to set your display up on the ipad in the settings. So you can calibrate it

2. WLS macrumors 65816

You know if I turn up the brightness and look at a white screen too long I start to see yellow dots on my iPad too but it's not the iPad it's me. Just saying :p

3. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol

Na I really notice a difference with colours on mine, mostly with the whites. The top bar of safari for instance looks quite odd to me.. its more yellowish/grey but on my ipod touch its a nice solid grey/blueish colour like on my macbook screen

4. heniu macrumors newbie

so, mine is a bit reddish(compared to my dell monitor), i dont know why all ipads aren't same: neutral colors.

5. tuxing macrumors member

Me too. Even without comparison yellow tinge is present . On comparing to iPhone 2g it's very obvious.