Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyjslin

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
Canberra, Australia
Hi Guys,

I've tried googling this issue and I can't seem to resolve these two problems.

1. Screen Sharing.

When I access the screen sharing page through utilities I can not tick and apply this change. It refuses to be ticked. Googling and searching the Apple discussions page suggest that I disable the apple Me account, unfortunately I do not have option on my utilities page. I was wondering if anyone has this issue.

2. DLNA serving.

I have downloaded the App, media share, from the store and I can only stream 15 minutes of the show to my TV, LG smart tv - It detects the media off my MBP and shows it on the scree- and then disconnects from my laptop. I had thought that this problem was due to the energy saving function. Despite turning off this function it still doesn't co-operate and the connection to the TV disconnects.

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
1. Screen Sharing.

When I access the screen sharing page through utilities I can not tick and apply this change. It refuses to be ticked. Googling and searching the Apple discussions page suggest that I disable the apple Me account, unfortunately I do not have option on my utilities page. I was wondering if anyone has this issue.

Is "Remote Management" checked?

If so, it greys out the "Screen Sharing" option because its redundant. Remote Management also provides screen sharing capability in addition to other services.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.