Screen Sharing Blues. . .

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by ghboard2010, Nov 5, 2013.

1. ghboard2010 macrumors member

Well, I have been running Mavericks on two home iMacs; a Core2Duo early 2008 Penryn, and an Late 2009 i7 model. Prior to updating these two machines, I was able to enable screen sharing at will. From Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion, I never encountered a problem with screen sharing between either of these machines. Now with Mavericks it's a 'bag o hurt'. I am always greeted now with a nasty-gram as seen in the attached thumbnail.

Yes Screen Sharing is enabled and so is the network connection. I am able share folders by way of afp, so I am certainly at a loss about why this happening. By the way, both Mavericks installs were clean.

Anybody able and or wiling point me in the right direction is much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ghboard2010 thread starter macrumors member

Screen Sharing Blues {Redux}. . .

Wow, I guess I am the only current user of Mavericks on the planet to experience a major failure of Screen Sharing. No one else has noticed this or else I am the only one to use screen sharing. :eek:

In previous OS versions this was almost a 'no-brainer' to set up.

Do I need to be a developer to give feedback to apple on this? :rolleyes::apple:

BTW, in the Sharing preferences pane, when selecting Screen Sharing, I tried add a new user but the New User button is gone. :confused: as shown:

Attached Files:

3. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

I'm in the same boat. Very annoyed. Have to wait for a point release, I guess. :mad:

4. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

The article about new point releases mentioned something about screen sharing/remote management. I really hope they fix it.

5. ghboard2010 thread starter macrumors member

Article?, link?

----------

It's all good I found the article you were referring to. :)

6. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger