Screen Sharing- G5 + MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by afsimola, Nov 4, 2008.

1. afsimola macrumors newbie

So I had this idea and was just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible. I have my G5 hooked up to a 40in TV and I also have a new MacBook Pro. Both are connected to the same wireless network. My idea is like screen sharing but not somewhat different. You know how when you have multiple monitors connected to the same computer and, for example, can move the cursor from one screen to the next easily? Well can I do that wirelessly between my MBP and G5? I'd say it would have to be set up through the G5. How would I be able to access my MBP hard drive on the same setup? It's not necessary but is it still possible to forget my MBP hard drive and just run the monitor wirelessly through the G5?

I realize this is almost the same thing as screen sharing, but it would be so much more awesome. Thanks

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

There's a free application called Teleport which allows the use of one mouse/keyboard with multiple systems. I believe it also supports drag & drop from one system to the other but it acts a little buggy sometimes where the cursor may get stuck.