Screen sharing, it just won't work!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Arkanok, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Hey everyone,

I have two MacBook Pros in the house (one is mine, other is my roommates) and for some reason I can't connect to his using screen sharing. Before you rush to say "You didn't enable it in the sys prefs," yes, I did actually. That's why I can't figure out why I can't connect to it. I've attached a pic of the error I'm getting:

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Are you using a wired connection or a wireless connection? If it's a wireless connection, I would try unplugging the router, waiting a couple minutes, then plug it back in. If that doesn't fix it, I would try repairing permissions on each machine (Disk Utility-->repair permissions). Also, have you tried using a third party app for this? I use TeamViewer because it can connect to PC's as well as Mac and I often need to do remote support to my friends. I've never had any problems with it. Hope this helps...

3. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Thanks a lot, I'll give those things a try. I'm using a wireless connection. But yeah I thought it was a little odd because I've done this before and never had problems. My roommate went away for 4 months and when he came back, it wouldn't work..

Thanks again, I'll try this out and let you know.