Screen sharing? iWork? iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by r0k, Jan 28, 2010.

1. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Screen Sharing?
    I would like to use screen sharing, not one of those vnc iPhone apps. I wonder why they didn't show screen sharing during the demo? One of the main reasons I'd get an iPad is for using my Mac without going down in the basement. I'd also like to have something portable to take to meetings and classes. The small size and light weight make the iPad a better fit for me than the netbook I already own. I could see selling my Acer Aspire One and getting the 16 gig iPad but I would hesitate if screen sharing isn't part of the package. I might even opt for one of the 3G models so I could use back to my mac to get real work done even when I'm away from home.

iWork?
    I find iWork to fit my needs quite well but I wish it did a better job of open and saving office docs. If I'm in a meeting working on something in doc format and I want to share it with my Mac deprived brethren, I don't want to go through an "export" menu to save it in doc or even odt format. MS and OOO formats should be available as one of the save as options in iWork. This is especially true for the iPad which is very likely to be used "on the road".

iPad Pro?
    There are a lot of haters saying they can't stand the thing because it has no usb ports and doesn't run (full) OS X. I must admit this struck me as odd. Perhaps there will be an iPad Pro line that is more oriented at computer replacement. It would have OS X Snow Leopard, usb ports and display-port or vga-out or a pico projector for doing presentations on the road.

2. ajarnfalang macrumors regular

They do.

It's called the MacBook Air.

3. flyingturtle macrumors regular

Exactly right. With the instant on (via sleep mode like iOS devices), the MacBook Air is indeed like an iPad except with a keyboard, (and a pricey one at that).

But yeah, it is a like an "iPad Pro".

4. monkeybear macrumors newbie

The Ipad is not a presentation device. If you want a pico projector just get a pico projector:

http://www.aaxatech.com/products/m2_micro_projector.htm

Supported Formats: MP4/MP3/WMA/OGG/WAV/AVI/WMV/SMV/ BMP/JPG/GIF/TXT

Just play your presentation off the projector itself. As for USB and OSX - I mean you're paying $600 for portability, not for processing power, the Macbook is always there. Your sports car can't go offroading your Ipad can't do what your macbook can...