Screen Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by raygrant, Mar 17, 2008.

1. raygrant macrumors newbie

I'm trying to screen share my Imac with my G4, running OS X 10.5.2 on both machines. From the G4 to the Imac the screen sharing works fine. Screen sharing from the Imac to the G4 worked once this morning. Now when I activate screen sharing from the Imac to the G4, the screen pops up but you can't view anything. I can control the G4 from my Imac, I just can't see what I'm doing. The screen is white with purple lines every where. Hope someone can help. Thanks

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Screen Sharing is effectively a VNC client in OS 10.5. What I usually do when I'm having VNC issues is I kill the VNC Server client via the terminal. This isn't very hard to do. Seems like the G4 server needs to be killed (force quit) and as soon as you kill the process it starts up again and should hopefully fix your issue.

Open Terminal on your G4:
    type "ps -ax | grep VNC"
    You should see a few processes pop up with one of them saying 'AppleVNCServer' (at the very end of the line). Look at the beginning of that line and there is a number. Type "kill (that number)".

Now try your Screen Sharing again. Naturally you could just restart your G4 to achieve this same result, but where's the fun in that?