Screen sharing problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ben1l, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Ben1l macrumors regular

Hi can anyone help.

i can not get screen sharing to work for the life of me.... im trying to get it to work through ichat. the two computers that im trying it on are both set up identically as follows... Running Leopard (with latest updates), in system prefs screen sharing is turned, in computer settings the box that reads "anyone may request permission to control screen" is ticked, the box bellow that is not. neither computer has any firewalls up, both machines are connected to superfast broadband (25mbps). Both macs are newish intel machines with good specs.

it is not over a local network though, i'm trying to get it working over the internet as the two macs are in different geographical locations.

does anyone have any ideas? a nice step by step guide would be much appreciated....

many thanks

2. Gee macrumors 65816

What error message do you get, or what part doesn't work?

3. Ben1l thread starter macrumors regular

i get.... "disconnected from screen sharing becasue screen sharing could not be established" it looks like it tries to start but i never actually get it to work even for a second

4. sandrak macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same issue.. My laptop an my iMac.. I can screen share with my mother in Seattle, but in my own office at home, I get this error messages " Disconnected from Screen Sharing because Screen sharing could not be established"
    What could possibly be the cause of this.. ??
    Both, new intel computers, both update to the latest system. I am travelling soon and just can not get onto my iMac when on the road.
    Would welcome any feedback to a solution for such situation..

Thanks
    :rolleyes: