screen sharing question ...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sananda, Nov 1, 2007.

1. sananda macrumors 68020

is there any way for the person who's screen is being shared to be asked whether they wish to do so or not?

as far as i can see, from my laptop i can spy on any of the users using the imac. they wouldn't know i were doing so unless they spotted the icon in the menu bar. i would like to set it up so that they are asked if they accept the screen sharing.

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

r u talking about back to my mac or screen sharing via ichat?
    or does leopard allow screen sharing of networked machines outside of ichat?

3. sananda thread starter macrumors 68020

neither back to my mac not ichat. i mean the screen sharing within your network. in finder there's an option to screen share.

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I guess they figure if it is in your network, then you set it up. And you're sharing your own stuff, or you'll turn it off. I guess you can mess with you family, or if it's just you and you have multiple personalities, that could be a problem.

5. unity macrumors 6502a

You need a username and password for that machine. So if you do not have a registered account on that local computer, you will connect as guest and it will prompt a screen share request at the other end. But if you do have an account then yes you can connect and screen share, but I believe that account has to be logged in and active.

So if there is just one account on that computer, then you are right. One really could "spy" on what the other user is doing.

6. Billthedj macrumors newbie

Screen Sharing

The problem I am having is that Screen Sharing works perfect on my home network, but I have a G5 at home and I take my Macbook Pro to work (both with Leopard) and on our network will not work to connect at home. I have back to my mac on. my .mac is on on both computers. but it doesn't see my home computer from work. I have tried a million combinations to no avail. Any Ideas??? Port problem ??? :eek: