Screen Sharing recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by orbitalpunk, Jan 29, 2014.

1. orbitalpunk macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

Can anyone recommend any free screen sharing sites that don't require a software install? Allowing a Java applet is fine. With mouse and keyboard control too.

Thanks!

2. Brian33 macrumors 6502a

You probably need to tell us between what systems you want to share. Mac to Mac, Windows to Mac, Mac to Windows, etc. ? Do you mean over the internet or merely on your local network?

For Mac to Mac on the local network, the built-in screen sharing feature is great. (System Preferences-->Sharing-->Screen Sharing.)

3. augustya macrumors 68030

augustya

What about if someone wants to share between MAC to WINDOWS ? or Vice-a-Versa ?

4. orbitalpunk thread starter macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

between mac and pc thru the internet. since logmein is not free anymore, I am looking for alternative. Join.me requires a software install. the one I found that java based is http://quickscreenshare.com but it buggy in Safari.

5. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Um VNC has been around forever and you should be able to find a free client that runs on just about any system. You don't need a service or a "site" to screen share, just an internet connection.

6. orbitalpunk thread starter macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

um, i said no software install. these are for clients computers who have little to no computing knowledge who need technical assistance. they just go tot he side, get the code to me and I'm in. easier than setting up VNC. If you've never sent his type of service before you can also check out http://www.screenleap.com. i don't use it cause it does not offer mouse control. I am looking for a similar service with mouse/keyboard control is all. I've tech reps use it before, i just didn't write down the name.