Screen Sharing/Removing Spaces app etc. in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by steve_hill4, Jun 24, 2007.

1. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

To clarify, does anyone think that the Spaces, Exposé, Time Machine etc. apps in the Leopard Applications folder will remain in the final version, or are they more there for developers and once the final version is out, they will merely roll back to be accessible through System Preferences?

It's a minor annoyance, but something that I think should be done. It's much the same as Dashboard. It's a built in and underlying technology, just have a Sys Prefs pane and leave it out the apps folder.

Also, I'm wondering about Screen Sharing and Resolution Independence. Very little has been made of these and other new or improved features. Does anyone have any updated screenshots of Resolution Independence for example. Screen Sharing would be something Apple could be shouting about to the education sector. A teacher can show an entire class at the same time how to do something without them taking their eyes off their own screen. Much better for learning I think.

2. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

They'll probably leave it there. I believe the idea behind putting them there is to let users re-add the icons to the Dock if they initially remove them more than anything else. Having them there serves no purpose for the developers.

I believe there's a link to a movie showing of Screen Sharing on the front news page, no? Maybe not, but I'm not taking any chances and posting screenshots. Resolution Independence frameworks are still being worked on.

3. steve_hill4 thread starter macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

There is a link in a news item in the last couple of days that shows off several videos, including screen sharing. I can't see any reference to it on Apple's website, same with resolution independence. I think this is one of the most appealing accessibility features, yet it barely gets a mention alongside Time Machine.

It would be nice if Spaces et al were merely System Preferences, not accessible apps. Though I guess it is reassuring that, like Dashboard, you can remove a running app like Spaces from the Dock. I don't want these things cluttering up the Dock especially, but if I could remove unnecessary icons from in the apps folder, that would be more ideal.