Screen Sharing won't work without a Password on Account??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nebulight, Oct 30, 2007.

1. nebulight macrumors member

I just finished installing 10.5 and in the finder when I try to share a screen, I put in a user name, but the account doesn't have a password and it won't connect. I tried to add a password and then reconnect and it worked fine.

My question, does the account HAVE to have a password in order to work? That kinda disappoints me as some members of the house don't want a password.

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I would sure hope that they don't allow access on accounts with no password.

3. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

That would be awful silly to allow access without passwords.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

THAT would explain why my wife's MacBook won't let me screen share in Finder. The option doesn't even show up. But when I did it through iChat, which required user authentication, it worked fine.

5. nebulight thread starter macrumors member

I guess I could always just go around to each computer and add an account with a password to enable me to get screen access.

But I don't see how it would be foolish, you enable what you can do with screen sharing, so I don't really think it would be any different than remote desktop, which you CAN connect without a password.

EDIT. I just created an account for sharing only, that way it won't confuse the non computer savvy people in the house at the login window ;)

EDIT2. Well, that didn't work. Looks like it has to be an admin account. Lame