Screen Shield Question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by cfs, Jun 16, 2008.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

Hi Forum,

I wan to purchase a protective case for my Touch and it seems that some come with protective shields for the touch screen. I am concerened that these screens are sticky and ruin my touch screen. Does anybody have any experience with this?

*Thanks,

cfs

2. Xavier macrumors 68020

I used a film with my Griffen Reflect case. The film goes on really nice, and it also peeled off without leaving any glue. (I dont think it even uses glue anyway)

So, you are good to go with films. Personally I dont think it helps much, like against fingerprints and stuff, because youll just get finger prints on the film.

3. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

I have the Power Support Crystal Film Set for my iPod touch and I really like it. It's thick enough that you don't need a tool to apply it, and it can be removed without leaving any residue. Check it out here:

http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/ipod/ip_touch_film.php

They also have an anti-glare film set if you use your touch outdoors a lot.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a screen protector. The ones that I've used always end up getting scratched, while the glass screen will be pretty difficult to scratch. I mean if you're gonna break the screen, a piece of film won't do much in terms of protecting it. For the vast majority of screen protectors, you put them on and soon after they get ruined. Then if you want to re-apply it, it can often be a real pain clearing both the film and the screen from dust and making it so the film doesn't crease when you take it off. If for some reason you can't re-apply it, you've gotta pay for a new one, which can run $15-20. I just don't think that it's worth it.

5. Kohkane macrumors 6502a