Screen shifting!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dazzer21, Nov 23, 2009.

1. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

I had a bit of a dispraxic moment the other day and meant to do one keystroke but ended up doing another (I work on both the old- and new-style (aluminium) keyboards and sometimes misjudge where the keys are...)

Anyway, God knows what I've done but now, when I move my mouse around the screen, the desktop moves. If the cursor is in the middle of the screen, all is well, but as I move out towards the edges, the desktop moves by about 10 pixels in that direction.

At first I thought it might be an issue with the settings on the monitor but I've logged onto that machine remotely this morning and it's still doing it - the frustrating thing being that now the whole screen refreshes every time I move the mouse - which is a bit irritating...

Any ideas what I've done?

2. mac2x macrumors 65816

Hehe, you must have hit control and scrolled upwards with your mouse, thus activating the screen zoom feature. Press control again and scroll down till the screen goes back to normal size.

3. dazzer21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I knew that. I was just testing - well done you and for that, you win - nothing!

:)

Seriously, many thanks for that. Feeling foolish...

D

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

No one can possibly know all the tricks embedded in the keyboard and mouse. That's one I'd forgotten. I use other methods to zoom. This one could come in handy, if I can remember it! Thanks.

5. mac2x macrumors 65816

No problem! :) Always glad to help. ;)

And it is a handy feature sometimes.